Friday, August 10th 5 – 9 pm
Saturday, August 11th 10 – 8 pm
Please join us for the annual outdoor craft and art show held in conjunction with the Summerfest activities in Downtown Saline. Last year’s Summerfest activities had approximately 5,000 visitors. The “Saline Summerfest Craft & Art Show” is a juried craft and art show managed by Salt Valley Arts.
1. Three photos of your work and one of booth must accompany application. These may be sent via email, via a pointer to a website, hard copy photos, or CD. Material sent will not be returned.
2. Applications are due March 30 and artists will be notified by email or letter as to their status by April 9. A wait list will then be used to fill booths.
3. All work exhibited must be original and handcrafted by the artist. The limited use of manufactured with items will be allowed, only if incidental to the final product. The artist or their representative must be present with their work for the entire event. No buy/sell or flea market merchandise is allowed.
4. Booth fee is $75.00 for a 10’ by 10’ booth or $90.00 for a 10’ by 10’ corner booth if available. There are limited quantities of corner booths. Electricity is $20.00 and a 20 foot outdoor quality extension cord must be provided by the artist. Checks are payable to SVA and must accompany the application, credit cards may be used on the SVAwebsite (see page 1 for details). Checks will be cashed when artists are accepted by the jury.
5. Artists may share a booth, but images of work and names of all participants must be included with the initial application.
6. Artists are responsible for providing their own tent, tables, chairs and any display materials.
7. There will be no refunds after June 1, 2018. Cancellations after this date are non-refundable. NO refunds will be given due to cancellation of the event by: an act of god, local authorities, or a weather related incident.
8. All artists are expected to handle State of Michigan Sale tax appropriately. A concessionaire’s form will be
provided in the artist’s welcome packet.
9. A security guard will be on site overnight Friday, however, artists are responsible for insurance and protection of their property as stated on page one of the application.
10. All inventory, storage boxes, artwork, etc must be contained within the booth space and may not be stored on the sidewalk, lawn, etc. NO space adjacent or behind booth is guaranteed for chairs, a table, etc.
11. Any audio or visual effects (music, flashing lights, etc) must be contained within the artist’s booth so as to not interfere with adjacent booths.
12. Exhibitors agree to conduct themselves in a respectful, co-operative manner. Summerfest is a family friendly
event and does not wish to include radical, disturbing displays or outbursts of any kind.
13. No smoking is allowed within the one block show area.
14. Violation to comply with any of these rules will result in immediate expulsion.